Attached is a flyer with the details for the 2nd Annual Maranacook Mite Mixer to be held 12/29/12 at Kents Hill.
To try to answer some questions that came up last year:
- Each organization will have one locker room
- The initial teams on the ice need to be ready to go on the ice at 9:00. We'll have the playing of the National Anthem and a few announcements, and then ask a representative from each team to introduce their own kids onto the ice one-by-one.
- Everyone is welcomed to come for the opening ceremony, but the second group (see schedule for groupings) only needs to arrive on time to be ready to go on the ice at 10:00. We'll again ask a rep from each team to introduce their kids onto the ice one-by-one. Hopefully, we'll be able to start playing by 10:10. After that it's every-other-hour at 10-minutes-past.
- We will be playing half-ice lengthwise, with two scoreboards.
- To maximize use of ice time, trophies will be given to coaches to hand out in the locker rooms.
- The first group will conclude at/about 2:00 and can leave at that time. They're obviously invited to stay and see the final games.
- Maranacook Area Youth Hockey Association will be running the concession stand all day. In addition, we will have some more substantial food items made by Maranacook parents available.
- For other food options, we invite you to check out the goodies at Simply Divine Brownies (formerly Apple Shed Bakery) across Rt. 17 from the arena, Fayette Country Store just 1/2 mile or so down the hill from the arena, and/or the Weathervane Restaurant just a few miles to the east on Rt. 17.
Tag(s): Gardiner Mites